Information About Depositions
If you are preparing for your slip and fall at a supermarket or retail store lawsuit, Cleveland slip and fall attorneys will work from the following checklist to make sure every element is covered.
When Cleveland slip and fall lawyers file a lawsuit, a process known as "discovery" will take place between all parties. During discovery, each party will learn what the other party knows. The following will likely be covered during this process:
- Written requests for admissions;
- Written requests to produce documents; and
Cleveland slip and fall attorneys will want to cover the following topics with the jury:
- The manual of store operations;
- Employee handbooks or manuals;
- Any safety manuals from the store or corporation;
- Any maintenance manual from the store;
- Bulletins or advisories from the store regarding safety and safety issues;
- Transcripts of computer assisted training programs for employees; and
- Store operating records.
Regarding the store operating records, Cleveland slip and fall lawyers will cover the following with the jury:
- Sweep logs or records;
- Time cards from employees;
- Accident reports; and
- Incident reports.
At your trial, the following deposition testimony may be presented from any or all of the following people:
- Store manager or director;
- Store safety instructor;
- Employee or Associate responsible for inspection or cleaning;
- Each witnessing employee; and
- Designated defense expert.
In addition, your attorney may present information regarding maintenance or inspections.